Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Tribute

Some of you may know that my grandmother Gloria passed away over 5 years ago. After she passed I realized I had lost a huge part of my life. I tribute most of my upbringing, morals, safety, & personality to her. She played an outstanding role in her granchildrens life. Instead of putting a career, marraige, or any other self obsorbed act she chose to devote her life to "us". For this I am forever blessed.

When she was diagnosed with cancer & given a short amount of time to live she called me into my parents room (where she stayed & felt most comfortable) & asked if I would just talk to her. She told me that she was afraid to die & felt she was going to miss out on all of the things that she was so involved in with myself, Taylor, Kelsie, & Lexie. She cried to me & asked me how is she to stay strong. This was a moment that is so near & dear to my heart. She knew I was the most strong willed of the family & knew me inside & out. Incredible. I told her before she passed away not to worry about me because I am just gonna get married & live a normal life haha! I proceded to tell her to drop me signs here & there after she passed but not freak me out like the stories the psychic Silvia chick told on the Montel Williams show we used to watch (that made her crack up)! Since that conversation, I knew she was like a mother to me.

Derek & I agreed to highlight her in some way possible during the wedding. We searched & came up with an amazing way to give back & make an impact to our guests through her.

This is a cancer pin that will be in place of our guest favors. The money my family pays for these will go strictly to Lung Cancer Research. Each guest will recieve one on their place setting attached with a card explaining the donation & in memory of "Gram". This couldn't make me happier!

( I couldnt believe the Lung Cancer Pin happened to be gold & ivory which coordinate into our wedding colors! I didnt know until I searched the pins! Its a sign & one of God's many blessings)

1 comment:

Meghan said...

That is so beautiful! An amazing idea!!